Based in the heart of Exeter, the multi-award winning Princesshay Shopping Centre covers 530,000 ft². Comprising seven distinct shopping areas, two car parks and six residential blocks, Princesshay is home to 70 shops and has an estimated annual footfall of more than 10 million.
The Centre is laid out in European style squares that accommodate cafes and restaurants and features distinctive architecture that complements the ancient Roman structures it is built around.
In June 2019, an air circuit breaker (ACB) protecting the main incomer on the LV switchboard failed due to lifecycle fatigue, causing power outage throughout parts of the Centre including residential areas, access lifts and security systems.
- 24/7 365 helpdesk response and coordination
- Evotech engineers were urgently despatched to carry out a full investigative survey of the electrical systems to identify cause of power outage
- Power was reinstated to essential services by redirecting to alternate phases
- An emergency generator was hired-in, delivered and installed over night to allow full supplies to be reinstated
- New bus bar connections and ACB were ordered through a specialist manufacturer, which following delivery were installed and recommissioned